I didn’t fall into the Unknown Regions, I’ve just been super-busy with work and unable to post and write as much as I’d like to. But I wanted to give a heads up to what projects I have in the…oh I do hate the phrase “in the pipeline.” Iminent? Forthcoming? Sure, one of those.
It’s that time of year again! Gather your allies and brush up on your Mandalorian, it’s May 4th!
All good things must come to an end, it seems. After weeks of speculation, Toys R Us has announced liquidation and store closures, ending a career that’s spanned over 60 years. There’s plenty of questions about what exactly this all means, the stores not existing anymore aside. So for (most likely) the last time, let’s talk Toys R Us.
My Target finally had these handsome heroes in stock. Shame they didn’t have a friend for my man in red but I do love clones as well!
Collecting is all about value. But what does it mean to value something? Is something inherently valuable because of what it is, or what it represents to the collector? Questionably an article and not canon at all, read on to see some recent reflections I had on my collection habit. Continue reading “(In)Definite Article #1: Collecting, Past, Present, and Future”
I haven’t been around as much as I’d like to be, but I plan to change that soon. My wife and I are moved in and the construction of my studio is underway! But that means a lot of clutter and boxes that still need to be shaped into my dream workspace and Star Wars haven. It’s getting there, slowly but surely, and I’m keeping a backlog of books and toys I want to talk about. Once I have a space to take pictures set up, the figure reviews will come along. Here’s just a few things I’ve picked up since the move that I plan to share some more thoughts on soon:
- Phasma – So different and strange, and who knows how much of this will be expanded on in future films and novels.
- Darth Vader (Volume One, Marvel Comics) – So much good to say about the Vader comics. Couldn’t get enough!
- Doctor Aphra (Marvel Comics) – Aphra is awesome. Great new character and fun books.
- Leia: Princess of Alderaan – Still reading this one. I like it but how does it stack up against Claudia Grey’s previous Star Wars novels?
- And of course, the Black Series! I’ve picked up Luke, Rey, and the Stormtrooper Executioner from The Last Jedi as well as Commander Gree , Grand Admiral Thrawn, and the Inferno Squad Agent.
So there’s much to do and I’ll get to it soon. Just have to finish building that throne room. Er I mean studio space. More to come soon! I thank all my readers for being patient while I get things in real life in order first.
-Supreme Leader David