Collecting is all about value. But what does it mean to value something? Is something inherently valuable because of what it is, or what it represents to the collector? Questionably an article and not canon at all, read on to see some recent reflections I had on my collection habit. Continue reading “(In)Definite Article #1: Collecting, Past, Present, and Future”
I haven’t been around as much as I’d like to be, but I plan to change that soon. My wife and I are moved in and the construction of my studio is underway! But that means a lot of clutter and boxes that still need to be shaped into my dream workspace and Star Wars haven. It’s getting there, slowly but surely, and I’m keeping a backlog of books and toys I want to talk about. Once I have a space to take pictures set up, the figure reviews will come along. Here’s just a few things I’ve picked up since the move that I plan to share some more thoughts on soon:
- Phasma – So different and strange, and who knows how much of this will be expanded on in future films and novels.
- Darth Vader (Volume One, Marvel Comics) – So much good to say about the Vader comics. Couldn’t get enough!
- Doctor Aphra (Marvel Comics) – Aphra is awesome. Great new character and fun books.
- Leia: Princess of Alderaan – Still reading this one. I like it but how does it stack up against Claudia Grey’s previous Star Wars novels?
- And of course, the Black Series! I’ve picked up Luke, Rey, and the Stormtrooper Executioner from The Last Jedi as well as Commander Gree , Grand Admiral Thrawn, and the Inferno Squad Agent.
So there’s much to do and I’ll get to it soon. Just have to finish building that throne room. Er I mean studio space. More to come soon! I thank all my readers for being patient while I get things in real life in order first.
-Supreme Leader David
Happy Friday! Enjoy the new The Last Jedi wave of merch and don’t be a scalper. New Lego, Black Series, and more are available in stores and online now!
“Who I am is not important. My message is.” He is the ultimate story of hero-turned-villain, and he was able to redeem himself after his fall from valiant Jedi to Sith conqueror. Revan is finally immortalized in six-inch Black Series format – so how does the new figure measure up to this legend? Continue reading “The Dark Lord is Here: Black Series Revan Review”
Rebel scum never looked so good. A criminally under-utilized character, but a great action figure! Hasbro knocks it out of the park with another Rebels character interpreted into a more realistic art style, and the results are as good as it gets. Continue reading “Black Series: Rebel Girl Sabine Wren (Review)”
My favorite part of celebration season besides movie news is of course toy news! Read the article on the reveal here and check out this gorgeous speeder from Force Awakens as well as the updated Rey figure.